Waiting For Godot | Abbey Theatre

 I recently had the absolute pleasure of seeing Druid's production of Waiting For Godot at the Abbey Theatre. Its run in Dublin has now ended but it is now showing at Charleston, USA until the 11th of June! I absolutely recommend seeing it, and for more of my thoughts on the play, click here!


Seeing Waiting For Godot was the last thing my cousin Nicole and I saw before she went home to the Philippines for the summer. Waiting For Godot is a tragicomedy written by Samuel Beckett first performed in Paris in 1953. It is an extremely complex play that stays in the audience's mind long after they've left the theatre.

 

Before seeing it though, my cousin and I had lunch in this extremely swanky place in Grafton Street called Bailey. It was a beautiful venue with even more beautiful food!


I had chips and a ham and cheese sandwich. It wasn't the most budget-friendly restaurant in town (10 euro for the chips and the sandwich!) but it was certainly worth if only for the service and the place!




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.