FAVORITES: PFW PART 2

This blogpost comes in four parts: New York, London, Milan, and Paris.

Somebody wise said, "It's always fashion week somewhere in the world." The once exclusive fashion shows that would grace only select cities like Milan and New York in the early 20th century has spread to nearly every city in the world, and is broadcast through nearly every fashionista snapchats, websites, and blogs. As someone who has neither the money nor the connections to get invited to such shows, I am forever grateful that technology has allowed me to be connected to these events for free. So without further ado, here are some of my favourite looks from New York, London, Milan and Paris.

The second half of my Paris post, and the final installation of my favorite looks from fashion week, is finally here! The rest of the shows that I saw from fashion week are marginally better than the first few ones that I wrote about in my last post, but to me, it still does not compare to what I saw from Milan. Perhaps it’s a matter of personal style or preference, but Milan for some reason just tapped into my fashion soul. That being said though, there were shows and pieces and looks from Paris that just blew. Me. Away.





I loved, loved, LOVED, the CHANEL show, which surprises even me because I’ve never really been a huge fan of Chanel. The trademark Chanel suit is iconic, but seeing that same look every fashion week made the suit look a little dated. In this show, however, Lagerfeld modernises Chanel, without losing touch of the brand itself. The collection was presented without music and in a long hall of chairs side by side each other, so that every visitor gets FROW seats, which is how it would have been when Coco Chanel was showing her collection in the 30s. Saint Laurent also presented their show this season in the same way that Monsieur Yves Saint Laurent would have in his day, with a Frenchman announcing the number of the garments. Vogue.com took this as the designers feeling nostalgic for the earlier days of fashion, now that change is most definitely in the air, from the way the clothes are exhibited, to which clothes are to be exhibited in which season.




These fur coats from SAINT LAURENT may scream Muppets to some people, but I absolutely adore them. Some are saying that this might be Slimane’s final collection for Saint Laurent, but only time will tell.




MIUMIU could not have embodied this aforementioned change in the fashion industry any better. Spring/Summer clothes collide with Autumn/Winter ones, with denim jackets and fur coats being presented in one runway. I absolutely love this collection, especially the look with a fur coat over a summery linen shirt.


I’m also very happy with this new silhouette presented at Louis Vuitton!





VALENTINO’s collection was very ballet-centric, and this is something I can appreciate because I did ballet for about 3 years when I was younger and it shaped most of my pre-teen years. The mix of the ballerina tutu with business clothing is one that I loved!



I am also so into the SONIA RYKIEL collection. The trend that is happening right now of wearing lingerie as outerwear is 150% up my street, and to me no one has done it as well as Sonia Rykiel. I am also so into the idea of taking traditional daytime business attire and making it into something that a person might wear when they go out clubbing.




HERMES was all about minimalism, but that does not mean forgettable. Are you seeing the leather coat with fur lining? I’m in love.




At GIAMBATTISTA VALLI though, it was almost the exact opposite. Although some clothes did not have prints, most of them did. However even with the print overload, there was harmony among the collection.




And lastly, I have to mention these T-shirts from BELLA FREUD!


That concludes all my favorites from New York, London, Paris, and Milan for this season. Thank you so much for sticking with me!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.