FAVORITES: PFW (PART 1)

This blogpost comes in four parts: New York, London, Milan, and Paris.

Somebody wise said, "It's always fashion week somewhere in the world." The once exclusive fashion shows that would grace only select cities like Milan and New York in the early 20th century has spread to nearly every city in the world, and is broadcast through nearly every fashionista snapchats, websites, and blogs. As someone who has neither the money nor the connections to get invited to such shows, I am forever grateful that technology has allowed me to be connected to these events for free. So without further ado, here are some of my favourite looks from New York, London, Milan and Paris.

PFW is not ever yet. There are still quite a few shows that I would like to see and discuss, but with what I have seen so far, I have to say I am a little bit underwhelmed with the showing in Paris this season. Maybe Milan just worked really well for me and it was such a tough act to follow, or maybe it’s because designers are dropping off left, right, and centre, but something was missing in Paris.





Having said that though, I did find a few shows inspiring, including Olivier Rousteing’s Balmain. I found the show incredibly refreshing. Pairing pastels with strong silhouettes was such a genius move! From powder blue to baby pink to a few shades of grey, Rousteing took traditionally feminine colours and made it into clothes that were strong, but not manly, that were elegant, but not soft. To me, it was perfect. I loved it so much.



I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about the inspiration behind some of the collections. Chloé, for example, took inspiration from an iconic woman named Anne-France Dautheville, who travelled through deserts in a motorbike, meeting people and gaining new knowledge and experiences along the way. The Chloé collection captured the aura of this woman and her story, from the beautiful camel cape that opened the show, to the leather biker gear almost identical to what Dautheville would have worn. My favorite though is the tutu skirt with the kaftan-like sweater over it, because to me it tells the story of a girl coming from quite a privileged and comfortable background who meets a lot of different people and learns much about their culture along the way (This is a true and accurate description of how I feel about this particular look, but I am actually quite conflicted, not because of the clothes themselves but because of what they represent. I have more thoughts about this, that I may discuss later on in this blog.)




I loved even more the inspiration behind the Dries Van Noten collection. Another woman, by the name of Marchesa Luisa Casati. An eccentric heiress, she was a known patroness of the arts who not only harboured paintings and clothes, but also exotic creatures: she worn live snakes around her neck as accessories, picked feathers out of her peacock to decorate her hair with, and would sometimes parade her pet cheetahs for the neighbours to see. She had quite an obsession with art because she wanted to “commission her own immortality.” It is quite heartbreaking, therefore, that her life ended quite miserably, in poverty and rummaging garbage bins for something to decorate herself with. Even in her tombstone, her name was misspelt. The richness of the character of this woman was captured extremely well in the Dries Van Noten collection. Leopard prints in silk, fur stoles, and feathers captured her opulence and mystery extremely well.



A hint of mischief is quite popular this season, with Nina Ricci showing a collection of lingerie-dresses, mostly in black, and with the right amount of leather. Vogue described it as “darkly provocative,” and I could not agree more.




Running along with this idea is Haider Ackerman, with a collection I can only describe as Saint Laurent's older, more mature but even more tempestuous sister.



Maison Margiela impressed me, too. They showed a collection where utilitarian was mixed with glam (there’s that army vibez again, huge trend!). They seem to be evolving as a house, and I’m excited to see what more they could offer.




I’m also such a stan for Loewe this season! I love the clean silhouettes, the long skirts, the muted colours sprinkled with flashes of gold.




Isabel Marant did such an endearing 80s collection. It reminded me of movies like Pretty in Pink and Breakfast Club, movies that I remember identifying greatly with when I was a teenager. My favourite in this collection were the gorgeous plaid coats.




The Givenchy collection was also great. I wasn’t a big fan of the massive circular pattern on some of the dresses but I did absolutely love the pieces above, especially the net coat with fur lining, which would be absolutely useless in Ireland but looks banging regardless.

I'm still waiting for the rest of the shows. But so far, I've only really liked these select few.

Photos by: vogue.com

6 comments:

  1. i am so happy today for what doctor Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com He is a great spell caster. My family have be living together in peace and love, we were married for 15 years with Five beautiful kids and everything went smoothly until my husband started staying out late and would beat me up with any excuse he gets, he would always get drunk and i was bent on finding out what the problem was and i discovered that he was seeing a young woman outside who he was planning to move in together and was preparing a divorce. I became devastated as i love my husband so much and i looked for help, i contacted many spell casters but nothing happened until i met with doctor Dr. Ken, who told me so many things and said i should worry about my present situation and that all will be well and told he said he was going to cast a reunion spell that will bring my husband back to me and he was true to his words, i want you all to help me thank and i promised him that i will always tell people of his good works. He is a powerful spell caster. contact for what ever problems you have and he will help you out of it. Here's his email address supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com and also his phone number is +2348074433380. His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com contact him he is a powerful spell caster and i pray he help you out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so happy today for what doctor Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com He is a great spell caster. My family have be living together in peace and love, we were married for 15 years with Five beautiful kids and everything went smoothly until my husband started staying out late and would beat me up with any excuse he gets, he would always get drunk and i was bent on finding out what the problem was and i discovered that he was seeing a young woman outside who he was planning to move in together and was preparing a divorce. I became devastated as i love my husband so much and i looked for help, i contacted many spell casters but nothing happened until i met with doctor Dr. Ken, who told me so many things and said i should worry about my present situation and that all will be well and told he said he was going to cast a reunion spell that will bring my husband back to me and he was true to his words, i want you all to help me thank and i promised him that i will always tell people of his good works. He is a powerful spell caster. contact for what ever problems you have and he will help you out of it. Here's his email address supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com and also his phone number is +2348074433380. His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com contact him he is a powerful spell caster and i pray he help you out too.

      Delete
    2. i am so happy today for what doctor Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com He is a great spell caster. My family have be living together in peace and love, we were married for 15 years with Five beautiful kids and everything went smoothly until my husband started staying out late and would beat me up with any excuse he gets, he would always get drunk and i was bent on finding out what the problem was and i discovered that he was seeing a young woman outside who he was planning to move in together and was preparing a divorce. I became devastated as i love my husband so much and i looked for help, i contacted many spell casters but nothing happened until i met with doctor Dr. Ken, who told me so many things and said i should worry about my present situation and that all will be well and told he said he was going to cast a reunion spell that will bring my husband back to me and he was true to his words, i want you all to help me thank and i promised him that i will always tell people of his good works. He is a powerful spell caster. contact for what ever problems you have and he will help you out of it. Here's his email address supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com and also his phone number is +2348074433380. His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com contact him he is a powerful spell caster and i pray he help you out too.




      i am so happy today for what doctor Dr. Ken of supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com He is a great spell caster. My family have be living together in peace and love, we were married for 15 years with Five beautiful kids and everything went smoothly until my husband started staying out late and would beat me up with any excuse he gets, he would always get drunk and i was bent on finding out what the problem was and i discovered that he was seeing a young woman outside who he was planning to move in together and was preparing a divorce. I became devastated as i love my husband so much and i looked for help, i contacted many spell casters but nothing happened until i met with doctor Dr. Ken, who told me so many things and said i should worry about my present situation and that all will be well and told he said he was going to cast a reunion spell that will bring my husband back to me and he was true to his words, i want you all to help me thank and i promised him that i will always tell people of his good works. He is a powerful spell caster. contact for what ever problems you have and he will help you out of it. Here's his email address supersolutionhome1@gmail.com or supersolutionhom@yahoo.com and also his phone number is +2348074433380. His website: supersolutionhome.webs.com contact him he is a powerful spell caster and i pray he help you out too.

      Delete

  2. My name is Jennifer am from uk I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my husband back.I was going crazy when my husband left me and my two kids for another woman last month, But when i met a friend that introduced me to Dr Osuko of temple of grace, the great messenger to the oracle. I narrated my problem to him about how my Husband left me and my two kids.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any delay .He told me what i need to do,After it was been done 3 day later,My Husband called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me and the kids before now and one week after my Husband called me to be pleading for forgiveness.I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Osuko on his personal email address and get all your problem solved.No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him directly on: osukospelltemple@gmail.com and your problem will be solved.can email him on his email address: osukospelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. My name is Jennifer am from uk I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my husband back.I was going crazy when my husband left me and my two kids for another woman last month, But when i met a friend that introduced me to Dr Osuko of temple of grace, the great messenger to the oracle. I narrated my problem to him about how my Husband left me and my two kids.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any delay .He told me what i need to do,After it was been done 3 day later,My Husband called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me and the kids before now and one week after my Husband called me to be pleading for forgiveness.I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Osuko on his personal email address and get all your problem solved.No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him directly on: osukospelltemple@gmail.com and your problem will be solved.can email him on his email address: osukospelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, i am Jessica Wayne from TX, USA. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children I am so happy to get my Ex back through the help of Dr Noble the spell caster . My greatest surprise was that 48 hours after the Doctor prepared the spell for me, my husband who has abandoned me for 4 years suddenly called me unexpectedly and am so happy that we have come to become one again through the help of Dr Noble and am so happy to be with my husband once again. Dr Noble is a very wonderful spell caster, you can contact him if you need his assistant because i know he can also help you. contact him through his email:templeofjoyandprosperity@gmail.com +2349039520524 immediately

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.